“Clickable Maps” is selling pre-made maps explicitly for use with Maphilight.
The pre-purchase samples are pretty good examples of what’s possible. This USA map shows remote triggering of a hilight, for instance.
Note: I wouldn’t have released under the MIT license if this sort of thing bothered me.
Another new-ish release, this time a PHP webcomic content management system called simplecomic.
- Multiple comics per day
- Schedule posting of comics in advance
- Masking of comic filenames so scheduled comics can’t be easily found
- Comic descriptions, alt text, and transcripts
- Optional chapter divisions for comics
- “Rants” as a lightweight blog, with scheduled posting
- Theme system
- Static pages
- Support for the frontpage showing the first comic from the most recent day with comics, to allow posting of “issues”
I wrote it for a friend who wanted to start her own webcomic and wasn’t happy with the existing options in the field of webcomic CMSes.
You can see an example here. It’s a dead webcomic that I happen to be hosting for sentimental reasons. Ignore the Comic Sans… it’s also there for sentimental reasons. 😛
Get it on github.
In the event that anyone was using my TextMate Ack In Project fork, protocool released a successor to Ack In Project called AckMate.
It’s better. Get it instead.
I finally got around to officially releasing maphilight 1.2.
This mostly just updates the official jquery.com release to the HEAD of the github project.
I’d been putting it off because I spent quite a while without easy access to a Windows machine with IE8 to test the fixes that people provided. But I switched back to Windows as my main desktop recently (mainly to play games), so that was resolved.
There’s not much in the way of changes:
- IE8 works now
- New “neverOn” option for use with metadata by Zach Dennis, which stops individual areas from ever being hilighted
- Handles being called on the same area twice differently; now rebuilds the hilighted regions
- …and I added an example of triggering the hilight from another element, since it’s one of the most commonly asked questions
Hopefully I’ll be able to post here a bit more now that I have some of that guilt for not updating off my shoulders. 😛