Another new-ish release, this time a PHP webcomic content management system called simplecomic.
- Multiple comics per day
- Schedule posting of comics in advance
- Masking of comic filenames so scheduled comics can’t be easily found
- Comic descriptions, alt text, and transcripts
- Optional chapter divisions for comics
- “Rants” as a lightweight blog, with scheduled posting
- Theme system
- Static pages
- Support for the frontpage showing the first comic from the most recent day with comics, to allow posting of “issues”
I wrote it for a friend who wanted to start her own webcomic and wasn’t happy with the existing options in the field of webcomic CMSes.
You can see an example here. It’s a dead webcomic that I happen to be hosting for sentimental reasons. Ignore the Comic Sans… it’s also there for sentimental reasons. 😛
Get it on github.