Naturally I thought to myself “aha, there must be an XML data feed somewhere in that!” Some light flash-decompilation later, I discovered that I was right.
1. It’s perfect in Firefox3 and Safari. Sundays aren’t quite right in IE7; the first and last buttons are missing in Opera. All else is untested.
2. For some reason, the widget seems to get different feeds for the last week or two, which means this viewer is a week behind. I suspect user-agent sniffing, but have not yet been motivated to work out what a flash-player’s user-agent is.
1. Cross-domain xmlhttprequest requiring a proxy is a pain, and has no obvious benefit.
2. jQuery is still awesome.
3. Forgetting to take out debug statements that rely on FireBug when uploading is dumb of me.
4. Decompiling these things is complex – the embed code provided loads a .swf, which loads a .swf, which finally loads the actual widget that displays the comics.